Be a part of our signature event, the Grand Parade of Light! The Grand Parade is the largest night parade in Southwest Florida. The event features national and local marching bands, floats, entertainment, and other specialty units. It celebrates the life and achievements of Thomas Alva Edison.
To be a part of the Grand Parade, an application must be completed. The application process is as follows:
- Read the Grand Parade Rules and Regulations
- Complete the Grand Parade Application Form and pay the entry fee
- Upload a photo of the float picture or drawing
- Fill out the Parade Script Form
- Send the link for the Participant Indemnification Form and have all participants fill out the Participant Indemnification Form (online or send in paper form)
- Submit proof of insurance.
- The Edison Festival of Light and the City of Fort Myers need to be listed on your insurance as an additional insured. The policy should include a general liability of at least $1 million.
- If you do not have insurance, you can research some agencies online - ACE is one company that offers the insurance.
- Submit proof of insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need assistance with your parade entry such as a float or other specialty unit? We can help - send an email to info@edisonfestival,org and we will be in touch.