Early Bird Deadline
: November 1, 2017Regular Application Deadline
: February 1, 2018Event Date
: Friday, February 16th through Sunday, February 18, 2018Please note that there have been some additions to the 2018 Crafts on the River application. Read through the items carefully.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (239) 334-2999.
Details for set up and check-in will be emailed to participants as the event draws closer.Registration PricingPremium Booth Space Selection Application
General Crafts on the River Application: $1602018 Rules & Regulations (download a copy here)
1. Applications will be reviewed and approved by the Crafts on the River Committee on a first received basis. To ensure the quality and integrity of the show, the Committee reserves the right to limit the quantity of participants in any category of craft. All decisions of the committee are final.
2. All craft displays must be the original design and work of crafter exhibiting. Be prepared to demonstrate how your craft is self-made. No purchased, commercial or buy-sell products will be allowed.
3. Requests for specific space locations will be reviewed but not guaranteed. A limited number of prime booth locations were made available for crafters to secure a spot in the front. The booth fee for these prime locations is $500 and is open on a first come, first selected basis.This is the ONLY way of guaranteeing your specific booth space for the event.
4. No sharing of space is permitted except when two people work together. No subletting or selling of space is permitted.
5. Exhibitors will be given an assigned space.
6. Displays must be open by 10am daily. No booth may be dismantled prior to the 4pm closing time of the show on Sunday. Booth space must be vacated by 8pm on Sunday.
7. Exhibitors must furnish their own tents, tables, chairs and related items used for their display.
8. The Festival will NOT provide electricity, water, or sewer.
9. Security is only present in Centennial Park on Friday and Saturday evening. If you set up your booth on Thursday, you are doing so at your own risk.
10. No hawking sales procedures are permitted, including the use of loud speakers.City of Fort Myers Temporary Vendor Tax Receipt Application (download the form here)
11. No vehicles will be allowed in the display area during the show.
12. Vehicles are not permitted to drive up sidewalks and onto the grass in the park. We recommend you make arrangements to have a hand truck available for transporting your belongings.
13. The Edison Festival of Light reserves the right to remove works or displays considered objectionable to the average general public and may do so without any fee refund to the exhibitor.
14. Each exhibitor must comply with all pertinent State and Florida Sales Tax and insurance regulations.
15. No cancellation refunds will be provided.
16. All future contact regarding this event will be through email only.
17. Fire inspections will take place in the park and the City of Fort Myers requires you to have a fire extinguisher if you have a generator of any type.
17A. A 2A10BC dry chemical fire extinguisher is needed for tents that have generators to cook.
18. If you are using tent guy lines, they must be clearly visible to prevent injuries to others. We suggest that you use a bright yellow caution tape color to wrap the lines.
This is a mandatory form that the City of Fort Myers requires all vendors to complete or they the vendor will not be eligible to exhibit. If you have LEE COUNTY or CITY OF FORT MYERS business tax certificate, you must provide a copy as an attachment with your application. The vendors not holding a Business Tax in either of those two jurisdictions need to complete the City of Fort Myers Temporary Vendor Tax Receipt Application. State sales tax number has nothing to do with business tax.
Please note that if you are applying for the City of Fort Myers Temporary Vendor Tax Receipt, there is a $10 charge. You can pay this fee by selecting "Add to Cart" at the bottom of the page.
This fee is IN ADDITION to your Crafts on the River entry fee.Your Application Checklist
Once you have all of these items ready and available, you are able to move forward with the application process below.
RETURNING CRAFTERS: OUR 2018 FESTIVAL EVENTS ARE SHIFTING TO THE WEST END OF CENTENNIAL PARK DUE TO CONSTRUCTION IN DOWNTOWN FORT MYERS. IF YOU WANT TO REQUEST THE SAME SPOT AS LAST YEAR, EMAIL US AT INFO@EDISONFESTIVAL.ORG WITH "REQUESTING CRAFT FAIR BOOTH NUMBER" IN THE SUBJECT LINE. WE WILL DO ALL WE CAN TO ACCOMMODATE RETURNING CRAFTERS INTO A COMPARABLE SPOT.
- Business Tax Receipt or the completed City of Fort Myers Temporary Vendor Tax Receipt Application which you downloaded above.
- Two images of your products to upload as an attachment to your application